Tuesday

Blogging Platforms


Roma-Italy - Creative Commons by gnuckx
Originally uploaded by gnuckx

This week I was exploring the different blogging platforms to decide which one I wanted to use for my Writing and Research for New Media class. I explored the two big platforms Wordpress and Blogspot.

I have used both platforms previously so I am familar with both of them. I used Wordpress for a blog I maintian for Joyful Rerturn that is hosted by Wordpress. I also had a self hosted Wordpress blog which I am currently re modelling. I used blogger for my personal blog ITMOO and now for this blog as well. I chose blogspot because I like blogspot.

Don't get me wrong, Wordpress is an awesome platform and allows for greater flexability in my opinion to make your blog more personal, but for the purposes of just having a blog, I like the simplicity of blogspot.
Olivia Myles

No comments:

Post a Comment