Friday

Eating on 30-50 bucks a week

I am attempting a new challenge. We are on a budget and want/need to save money. With all of our expenses, it's imperative for us to be wise stewards of our money.

I think it is possible to feed 3 people (2 adults and 1 child that eats like an adult) on 40-50.00 but since I never managed how much I spend at the store until now, I want to see if it's possible.

Today I went to 3 different stores. That's right... you heard me.. 3.  I went to ALDI, the Dollar Tree and Kroger.  At the Dollar Tree I spent 11.00, at ALDI I spent 45.00 and at Kroger I got W.I.C. items- I'm pregnant! Yay!

In total I spent 101.00, but 40.00 was from W.I.C. so I actually spent 60.00... I think this will last me 2 weeks... I planned out my meals and had a shopping list that I followed! Yay!

So here's what we are eating next week:

Monday: Turkey Nachos
Tuesday: Fish, Rice, and Green Beans
Wednesday: Beef Burritos, Spanish Rice, Corn
Thursday: Pot Roast, Salad
Friday: Chicken Tacos

Saturday and Sunday- I haven't decided yet... It will be left overs and most likely a chicken dish

Monday: Beans, Rice, Chicken
Tuesday: Fish, Rice, Cauliflower
Wednesday: Chicken Breast and Pasta
Thursday: Chuck Steak, Potatoes, okra
Friday: Loaded Baked Potato, Broccoli

Saturday and Sunday- I haven't decided yet... It will be left overs and most likely a chicken dish

So this is what I planned for the upcoming weeks.  If it all goes well, I won't have to go to the grocery store until Mid September.



Olivia Myles

No comments:

Post a Comment